Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing Communications position will be responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing marketing and communications efforts on behalf of the agency, and collaborating with the Executive Director in defining short term and long term goals that contribute to the strategic plan. This position supports and partners with the executive director, board members, staff, and volunteers on all major fundraising and marketing initiatives.
Work with the executive director to create and implement a comprehensive development strategy to meet goals set by our Board of Directors, including major gifts, managing the donor database, implementing all direct mailings, assisting with fundraising events, grant writing, and reporting on all development activities.
- Actively write all direct mail pieces, grant proposals, other fundraising proposals, and acknowledgement letters.
- Act as sole database keeper of all donor records and input all incoming donations; Monitor all donor information and provide and present statistical analysis monthly.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program to cultivate deeper ties with donors and begin major gift solicitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Marketing and Public Relations –
Work with the executive director to create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program to increase CHR’s visibility in the community for effective outreach, community presence, and fundraising objectives.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, and production of all CHR publications used for fundraising and marketing, including annual reports, newsletters, agency and program brochures, campaign/event materials, website, and direct mail letters.
- Responsible for photography and photo archiving of all CHR events and activities.
- Responsible for CHR’s presence on all social media sites as appropriate for the organization.
- Coordinate media interest in CHR and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests; Submit regular press releases to all local media on relevant news stories involving CHR.
- Coordinate the appearance of all CHR print and electronic materials such as letterhead, business cards, thank you cards, envelopes, etc.
- Along with Executive Director, offer presentations in the community and act as media spokesperson for the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications –
- Degree in marketing, communications, or related field;
- Minimum 2 years experience in fundraising and development;
- Minimum 5 years experience in marketing and communications initiatives, preferably in the nonprofit sector;
- Experience and comfort in public speaking;
- Proficiency in design and experience with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Proficiency in WordPress and other online tools
- An understanding of nonprofit organizational structure and board relations is preferred but not required;
- Residency in or willingness to relocate to the greater Fort Myers-Sanibel area; no relocation expenses will be covered.
Please mail resume and accompanying cover letter to: 2401 Library Way, Sanibel, FL 33957 or [email protected] No phone calls regarding the position will be accepted. Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Community Housing and Resources:
CHR has provided affordable workforce and senior housing as a 501(c)(3) organization on Sanibel Island since 1979. CHR serves as the City of Sanibel’s designated housing foundation tasked with implementing an Affordable Housing Program for the community. CHR manages 74 rental units and 14 Limited Equity Ownership properties at 11 locations on Sanibel. Qualified applicants to CHR’s affordable housing program are full-time workers on Sanibel or retired/disabled residents with at least five years rental or ownership history on Sanibel. Rent for all units is based on 30% of gross household income. CHR’s mission is made possible by resident rent income, City of Sanibel financial and administrative support, grant funding, and private donations.