Dear prospective bidder:
Community Housing and Resources, Inc. (CHR) is seeking bids for upgrading, improving and adding resiliency and efficiency to six (6) units located at the Centre Place community located at 1488/1490, 1495/1497 and 1496/1498 Centre Street, Sanibel FL 33957. The community is made of duplex style homes. CHR will be accepting sealed bids for the installation of gutters, replacement of AC systems, hot water heaters, kitchen and bath faucets and shower to low flow high efficiency models.
The job will include:
- Installation of seamless gutters, downspouts and splash blocks to cover the front porch area.
- Replace Air Conditioning with Heat split system, SEER efficiency between 16-22
o 3 units (1495, 1496, 1498) currently have 2 ton HVAC split system.
o 2 units (1488, 1490) currently have 2.5 ton HVAC split system.
- 40 gallon electric water heater replacement with high efficiency models in all 6 units.
- Kitchen faucets to be replaced with energy efficient, water saving, low flow faucets in all 6 units
- Bathroom faucets to be replaced with energy efficient, water saving, low flow faucets, (2 bathrooms per unit)
- Shower heads to be replace with energy efficient, water saving, low flow shower heads. (2 bathrooms per unit)
- Removal of all construction debris and disposal of all equipment removed.
- Area to be kept clean and free of debris at all times.
Attached to this letter is the request for proposal with more details. There will be a walk through at Centre Street, Sanibel, FL on Monday, January 7, 2019 at 9 a.m. to view the proposed project and ask questions.
Bids are due at 3:00 p.m. Monday, January 14, 2019. Your bid with all required documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Sealed Bid”. Send or hand deliver your bid to CHR, 2401 Library Way, Sanibel, FL 33957 with attention to Melissa Rice.
Bids will be opened on Monday, January 14, 2019 at 3:15 p.m. at the CHR office. CHR has the final decision making authority for bid funding and reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities and minor irregularities in bids received and to request additional information.
Economically disadvantaged, minority owned and all other businesses are encouraged to apply. Please complete attached bid form and other forms if applicable. Thank you for your consideration of this request.