Information for Rental Applicants
Do You Qualify?
Community Housing and Resources manages the rental of 74 affordable homes in Sanibel. We offer a variety of options for individuals, couples, and families.
Applicants must be employed full-time on Sanibel. To qualify, an applicant must comply with the income limitations of Community Housing and Resources as detailed below:
HUD Income ranges released March 31, 2020
– FHFC posted April 14, 2020.
|Household Size||Minimum Income||Maximum Income|
Application Information & Forms
Community Housing and Resources accepts applications on a rolling basis from qualified individuals and families.
Follow these steps to apply:
- Complete the online application and submit it by clicking here: Online application .
- Submit your completed application, the $75 application fee either online, in-person or by mail.
- If you have any questions about the application, please contact the housing administrator at 239-472-1189.
Applicants are selected based on key criteria believed to strengthen the community. The selection committee looks for established residents of the area who are employed in an occupation that is vital to the community.
Points are awarded as follows:
- Amount of Income and Assets
- Years on Sanibel
- Employment: Points are awarded to applicants whose job responsibilities contribute to the unique characteristics and critical infrastructure of Sanibel as well as length of full time employment on Sanibel.
CHR does not discriminate against any class of applicants. All persons may apply to CHR for affordable housing and are treated equally. The Fair Housing Act is the term commonly used to describe the provisions of Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968. The Act states that it is unlawful to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender, familial status, national origin, or handicap. In addition to what is covered under the federal act, Florida Statute ss.760.20-760.37 also prohibits discrimination on the basis of marital status, age, and creed.