FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Betsy Clayton, APR/CPRC Communications Director Lee County Government 239-826-4606 [email protected]
Lee County Emergency Management announces additional Hurricane Preparedness Seminars
Fort Myers, FL, April 2, 2018 – Lee County Emergency Management has scheduled additional Hurricane Preparedness Seminars that are open to the public.
The free seminars will include information on how to prepare families and homes for hurricane season, how to use new hurricane-related technology and how Emergency Management responds to hurricanes and other disasters.
The seminars now scheduled are:
- 6 p.m. Thursday, April 26 – City of Bonita Springs Recreation Center, 26740 Pine Avenue, Bonita Springs, 34135 For Information or to register, call: 239-992-2556.
- 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 9 – Large Meeting Room A at Lakes Regional Library, 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers, 33919
- 6 p.m. Wednesday, May 9 – Veterans Park Recreation Center, in the gymnasium, 55 Homestead Road South, Lehigh Acres, 33936.
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 5 – Fort Myers Regional Library, in Meeting Room AB, 1651 Lee St., Fort Myers, 33901
- 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 26 – Large Meeting Room at Cape Coral Lee County Public Library, 921 S.W. 39th Terrace, Cape Coral 33914Seminars are open to the public. Additional seminar dates and locations will be posted at www.leeeoc.com; check the website to see if registration is necessary for individual events.In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Lee County will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in its services, programs, or activities. To request an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication or a reasonable modification to participate, contact Debbie Quimby, 239-533- 0622, Florida Relay Service 711, or [email protected] Accommodation will be provided at no cost to the requestor. Requests should be made at least five business days in advance.